5 Year Anniversary Membership Drive Contest
NACCOP is embarking on our 5th year and during the next 13 months, we will be conducting a focused membership campaign (5th anniversary celebration will be in July 2018).
The membership campaign will include a contest for NACCOP members and we hope we can count on your participation to help the association grow and prosper.
How can you help?
NACCOP is asking you to think about individuals you know at other institutions in your area and potentially in other areas of the country where you have relationships. Take a few minutes and make a phone call to see if they are a member of NACCOP. If not, use the information below to discuss the benefits of joining the association and the nominal fee for membership.
How will the contest work?
Existing members will be able to click on this link to notify NACCOP of each institution and individual that you have spoken to and referred for membership. If they join, you will accumulate points as follows:
5 Points for each Institutional Member that signs up based on your referral
An institution must sign up for an Institutional Membership and the first individual at a college/university who registers the institution needs to acquire the Institutional Membership in order to be provided with the full membership benefits of NACCOP. Institutional Membership is assigned to: A full time employee of an institution of higher education that participates in Title IV, student financial assistance programs and is required by Federal Law to comply with the Clery Act. NOTE: Institutions that are part of a “system” must purchase an institutional membership for each college/university within the system that is an independently accredited institution or that has its own President/Chancellor, etc. (even if the system has one Board of Trustees/Regents). Typically, a college or university will have its own OPE ID number and its own listing in the Campus Safety and Security Data Analysis Collection Tool (available at https://ope.ed.gov/campussafety/#/.
1 Point for each Professional Member that signs up based on your referral
Professional Member: Once a College/University has an Institutional Membership (which is acquired through the first individual at the institution who becomes an Institutional Member), additional employees of the College/University who have responsibility or interest in Clery Act compliance for the campus can register as a professional member of NACCOP. This could include, but is not limited to employees in the offices of: Student Conduct, Student Affairs, Human Resources, Housing/Residential Life, Title IX Coordinator, General Counsel/Legal Affairs, Compliance and Risk Management.
The three members with the most points as of July 1, 2018 will win the following prizes:
- 1st Place, $1,000.00 VISA Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $500 VISA Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $300 VISA Gift Card
To be eligible to win, the minimum number of points a member would need to earn is 25 (this includes any combination of institutional and individual memberships).
Additional Contest Rules
In the event of a tie with the number of points accumulated, the total points obtained from referred institutional members will be used to break the tie. If both point assessments yield a tie, a drawing will be conducted to pick the winner. The person(s) who does not win the drawing will be provided the next level prize, unless the tie occurs for the 3rd place prize. If the tie is for the 3rd place prize, if the two different point assessments do not determine the winner, the drawing will determine the winner.
Here are the current member benefits, which will be a good review for you as well, as the membership benefits have continued to grow each year!!
Membership Benefits (Included in Membership Fee)
- Annual publication of the Journal of Clery Compliance Officers & Professionals (this is a 36-40 page practitioner-focused journal written exclusively for NACCOP members that provides guidance and information about various Clery Act related topics each year)
- Member-Exclusive Professional Development Opportunities (average of 6 free educational webinars each year)
- Representation in Washington, D.C. via a Director of Federal Relations
- Staff collaboration with other higher education professional associations and corporate partners on behalf of NACCOP members
- Access to legislative updates via Federal Relations Newsletters
- Access to NACCOP Whitepapers (minimum of two per year)
- Access to Clery related studies, press releases, and other important changes
- Tools and resources for managing institutional compliance objectives, including sample policy statement language for VAWA policies and a list of records to maintain for Clery Act purposes
- Access to Clery compliance reference materials & resource library
- Opportunity to participate in Association task forces/committees
- Connect & Collaborate with other Clery Compliance Officers via the membership platform
Discounted Professional Development Opportunities for Members (Minimum savings of $100+ per event)
- Annual Conference and Pre-Conference Workshops
- Individual Webinars (some of which are conducted in collaboration with Association partners) and the 10-Part Clery Act Webinar Series
- Clery Compliance Officer Certification Program