NACCOP Title IX Classes
Important Registration Information
Individuals registering to attend a NACCOP event (this includes but is not limited to: the annual conference/pre-conference, training classes, and webinars) must be employed by a college or university, unless approved in advance by NACCOP. Individuals who are not employed by a college or university can send an email request to attend a NACCOP event to the NACCOP Team at email@example.com.
APPELLATE OFFICER TRAINING
This four-hour virtual training class is specifically designed for Appeals Officers.
The Appellate Officer Training class will provide training required by the 2020 Title IX regulations to Decision Makers tasked with hearing appeals for Title IX complaints. The class will include the instructors facilitating a mock appeal whereby attendee(s) will practically apply what they learned to determine an appellate outcome.
The four-hour course will include training on the following (items in quotations are required by the Title IX regulations for all Decision Makers):
- Fulfills the basic Title IX requirements for appellate decision-makers (Definition of sexual harassment, scope of the recipient’s education program or activity, how to conduct the appeal, and how to serve impartially)
- Conducting an appeal for Title IX Signed Formal Complaint dismissals as well as original findings from live hearings
- The three required grounds for Appeals
- Determining timeliness of appeal
- Determining if appellate grounds have been met
- Determining appeal outcomes based on provided information
- Ensuring a bias-free decision-making process
- Identifying conflicts of interest
COST: NACCOP Member=$285 / Non-Member=$335
APPELLATE OFFICER TRAINING CLASSES OFFERED
March 23, 2021 Community Colleges, Trade, and Technical Institutions Virtual 4 Hour Class from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time)
March 24, 2021 4-Year Institutions Virtual 4 Hour Class from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm (Eastern Time)
NACCOP Class Refund Policy
Any registration cancellation postmarked or emailed more than 30 days prior to the first day of the class will be refunded via check or system credit, minus a $75 processing fee. Any registration cancellation postmarked or emailed less than 30 days prior to the first day of the event can be:
- Applied to the registration fees of a participant from the same institution at no additional cost. All substitutions must be made in writing and, for class substitutions, accompanied by a completed Class Registration.
- An attendee can be given a credit to be applied to attend an alternate class or event, minus a $75 processing fee. The credit must be used within 1 year of the original class start date that resulted in the credit being issued. Credits will be removed from the member’s account after 1 year. i.e. 365 days.
No refunds will be given for issues or circumstances beyond our control such as manmade or natural disasters, weather, campus conditions, hosting facilities, parking, prepaid items, etc.
Late requests for refunds due to an emergency will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The final decision on refunds rests with the Executive Director of NACCOP.